Monday, December 7, 2009

New Holiday & Recipe Cards

All available at Huldra Press's Etsy Shop

Huldra Press Holiday Card : Available in Blue or Green

My first holiday themed cards. Not being a fan of Christmas colors and holly and such, it wasn't the easiest card to design. But I'm happy with how they turned out. Yes, there's red and green in there but not that red and green. It's subtle.

Gift Tags too

Everything I've been printing these last couple weeks has been using the vintage wood and metal type in the Penland shop. No photopolymer plates. I'm going to miss having access to all those unusual little ornaments and drawer after drawer of tall wood letters, so I'm taking advantage of them now.

About a month ago, the school got a donation of wood type, I loved the simple wood borders and used them for these recipe cards. They remind me of an old movie theatre marquee.

kind of like this

4" x 6" recipe cards

printed front and back

It's winter, so that means cooking, lots of it. Roast chickens, soups, scones, and of course, rosemary potatoes. This afternoon, I made oatmeal raisin cookies for my mechanic. An honest mechanic deserves cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment