Thursday, May 26, 2011

Collaboration


:: Georgia # 2 ::


:: Eastern Missouri # 2 :::: North Carolina # 2 ::

My friend Shane Darwent just launched a website. He takes incredible photographs and makes sculptures inspired by the sights he's seen in his travels around the country. Last fall, we collaborated on a portfolio as part of a show at Rebus Works.


The idea was simple, Shane selected a series of image of basketball hoops and mailed them to me. When I received them, I laid them out and began "altering" them with a mixture of drawing and collage.

I wanted to make marks that accented the tight composition of Shane's photographs, obscuring and highlighting parts of the photograph.
:: Tennessee # 1 ::

We ended up with a portfolio of five which happens to be the number of players on a basketball team.
:: Ava, MO ::
Shane and I are interested in producing a small edition of prints from the originals. I'll keep you updated on the project as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment